Defending champion Therese Johaug jumped out front early in the Skarverennet on Saturday and stayed there, holding off Norwegian teammate Marit Bjørgen to win the 38 k event from Finse to Ustaoset, Norway.
Bjørgen finished 19 seconds behind Johaug, who won in 1:41.33. Norway’s Martine Ek Hagen was 1 second behind Bjørgen in third, Tuva Toftdahl Staver (NOR) placed fourth (+3:48) and Astrid Øyre Slind finished with the same time in fifth.
Norwegians swept the top 11, and Sweden’s Seraina Boner placed 12th.
1. Therese Johaug (NOR) 1:41:33
2. Marit Bjørgen (NOR) 1:41:52
3. Martine Ek Hagen (NOR) 1:41:53
4. Tuva Toftdahl Staver (NOR) 1:45:41
5. Astrid Øyre Slind (NOR) 1:45:41
6. Silje Øyre Slind (NOR) 1:45:42
7. Marthe Kristoffersen (NOR) 1:48:34
8. Marthe Katrine Myhre (NOR) 1:50:30
9. Anne-Tine Markset (NOR) 1:51:40
10. Astrid Urenholdt Jacobsen (NOR) 1:51:47