2009/10 FANTASY CROSS-COUNTRY WORLD CUP SKI LEAGUE
Get into the World Cup this winter, win some bragging rights, and play Fantasy XC!
League Fee: $40 (50% goes towards payouts to Top 3 teams, 50% fundraises for Sun Valley Olympic Development Team)
NCAA athletes and coaches: sorry league is not for you, NCAA rules.
Teams must be emailed to Chris Mallory (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, November 20th to be eligible in the league.
The league will be capped at the first 40 teams to join. Send the eight skiers you’ve selected to be on your ‘team,’ a team name, along with your name.
- Each team selects 4 men and 4 women
- Teams may have the same athletes on their rosters
- Points are accumulated from World Cup points your athletes score inindividual World Cup races this season, as well as the Olympic Games.
- Top 30 in each race score World Cup points
- First place= 100pts, Second= 80pts, third=60pts, fourth= 50pts, etc.
- The object is for your team to score the most World Cup points.
- Each team must be kept under the salary cap. Each athlete is given a dollar value based off their final World Cup points from the 08/09 season.
- Here is a link to find the 08/09 Cup standings:
- The salary cap for each gender is $2,000
Follis – $1,135
- Ex: Sara Renner scored 333 World Cup points last season, therefore she is worth $333.
- An example of an eligible female team could be:
Renner – $333
Haag – $413
Randall – $102
Total = $1983
*Any Americans not on the WC Points list may be added to your team for $1.
- The season will be broken up into 4 periods.
- Period 1 consists of the 8 races between Nov 11th -Dec 12
- Period 2 consists of the 12 races between Jan 1st- Jan 24th
- Period 3 consists of the 6 races starting Feb 2nd thru the Olympics (the Games will count towards the standings)
- Period 4 consists of the 8 races Mar 3rd - Mar 21st
- Add/Drops: Each team is allowed 2 Add/Drops to their roster each period. Ex: Picking up Boehler and dropping Follis would be counted as one Add/Drop.
- Rosters must remain under the $2,000 limit after Add/Drops.
- Athletes $ value are kept the same all season long (off of the 08/09 WC Pts list).
- Email your Add/Drops to email@example.com prior to the start of the next period in order for those changes to be made.
- Standings will be emailed out to teams twice each period.
- If any of your athletes are caught doping during the season, you loose any and all points they accumulated.
- Payouts: If we get a full league of 40 teams the payouts to top 3 will look like this: 1st - $400 2nd - $250 3rd - $150
Make checks payable to Chris Mallory.
PO Box 5173
Ketchum, ID 83340